New in MultitrackStudio 7.5
1. MultitrackStudio Remote for iPadThe new MultitrackStudio Remote app for iPad turns your iPad into a powerful remote control for MultitrackStudio:
- Control the transport, including VariSpeed, markers and cycling.
- Add and control tracks, groups, effect returns (up to 3) and the master section.
- Add and control effects and MIDI instruments.
- Toggle the Monitor / Punch / Sound On Sound buttons.
- Control the click track and the MIDI Keyboard Splitter.
MultitrackStudio Remote, recording a track
The iPad must communicate via WIFI (3G etc. is not supported). Furthermore the iPad and your computer must both be connected to your home network.
For more information please see the manual.
2. More effect slotsMixer sections can now optionally have 6 effect slots rather than just 3. There's an 'Effect Slots' setting the the Preferences window.
Mixer sections with 6 effect slots
6 slot songs are fully compatible with 3-slot MultitrackStudio versions, old or new. The extra effects will appear in a Multi Effect.
3. Half SoloDouble clicking a Solo button invokes 'half solo': other tracks will be attenuated by 12dB rather than muted fully. The Solo button reads 'H' in half solo mode.
4. VST/AU effect midi output recordingSome plugins generate MIDI data ("MIDI Guitar" for example). This MIDI output is now merged with the data coming from MIDI input devices, so you can record it to a MIDI track.
To use this feature you should make sure that:
- The plugin is in a recording audio track.
- Soft Monitoring is enabled.
- Sampler supports Modulation controller (#1).
- VSTi plugins: drum editor can use text file with instrument names.
- VST/AU output mixer has level meters.
- VST/AU output mixer supports multiple solo and half solo.
- Level meter of recording audio track shows peak level since transport start (dimmed segment).
- Mac version takes advantage of Retina displays.
- Practice Mode now works with speed-only VariSpeed mode (Pro Plus edition).
- Support for Mackie Control and HUI control surface level meters and transport counter.
- Improved pen (stylus) support: easier scrolling and optional onscreen keyboards.
- (Mac) Improved VST/AU compatibility.
- (Windows) Improved MIDI recording timing accuracy.
- Compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1.
- Various other improvements and bug fixes.