New in MultitrackStudio 7.1
- Vocal Tuner
- VariSpeed improvements
- Sidechaining improvements
- Redesigned "Mix down to audio file" window
Note: pictures may be from a later version
1. Vocal TunerThe new Vocal Tuner effect corrects out-of-tune vocals. It features two programs: Natural, which corrects pitch in a very unobtrusive manner, and Modern, which sounds a bit synthetic and robot-like.
The key editor shows both the input pitch (dimmed color) and the output pitch (bright color). Pitch is quantized to the closest key. Using the key editor you can turn keys off for certain parts. If a key is off pitch is quantized to the closest key which is on.
2. VariSpeed improvementsVariSpeed appears in the Pro Plus edition
The VariSpeed controls have been redesigned. VariSpeed can be now adjusted while transport is running (but not while recording).
There's a new "Speed Only" VariSpeed mode which changes speed 50..150% without changing pitch. This can be used for practicing etc. "Speed Only" mode doesn't work while recording.
3. Sidechaining improvementsSidechaining appears in the Pro Plus edition
- Effects in Group/Effect Return/Master sections can use tracks and group busses as sidechain source.
- Track sidechains can now be stereo.
- VSTi/AUi with multiple outputs: Up to 30 outputs can now be sidechain source (was 15).
4. Redesigned "Mix down to audio file" windowThe "Mix down to audio file" window can now optionally remember the destination folder. Any channel count and/or bit depth options now appear in the window itself (new windows used to pop up for this).
- Transposer effect.
- Automatic effect delay compensation.
- Can drag effects from mixer sections to track editor's Audio Edit Control.
- Grid bars (above editors): double clicking thumb starts transport, clicking anywhere on grid bar stops it.
- Overview Bar: double clicking thumb starts transport, clicking thumb again stops it.
- "Record Master" is no longer limited to two audio channels (Pro Plus edition).
- "To Next Song" control surface action added.
- Faders and rotary knobs let you type value after Ctrl+click (Windows) / Cmd-click (Mac).
- Clean Up tool (Song Properties window) now lists unused alternate/partial takes as well.
- Effect/Instrument selectors show format (VST/AU/DX) if the effect is available in multiple formats.
- EQ spectrum display updates faster. Averaged "Output" or "Master Out" spectrum reflects changes immediately after turning knobs.
- (Mac) Some AU instruments, like step sequencers, couldn't sync their transport to MultitrackStudio transport.
- (Mac) EQ spectrum display graphics issue.
- Various other fixes.