| ||Record new tracks while playing along with existing ones: |
- Audio (mono or stereo) and/or MIDI tracks.
- Cycle recording: record multiple takes automatically.
- VariSpeed: change pitch of the song to match your instrument (Pro edition only).
- Record alternate takes with just one key press.
| ||Mix the tracks: |
- Unlimited number of groups and effect send/returns supported.
- Route Group or Effect Return sections to soundcard outputs (Pro edition only).
- Mixer / Effects automation (Pro edition only).
- Use Song Versions to store/recall mixes.
| ||Enhance your mix with real-time effects: |
- Over 20 high quality audio effects (more).
- Use VST / AU (Mac) plugins.
- Add/move/remove effects on-the-fly.
- Powerful effect sidechaining options (Pro edition only).
| ||Use MIDI to play instruments you can't play or don't own: |
- MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI sounds).
- Disk-streaming Sampler (reads .GIG, .SF2 and .SFZ patches).
- Supports third party VSTi / AUi (Mac) plugins.
- Use external synths and/or your soundcard's synth.
| ||Correct your mistakes: |
- Punch in/out recording.
- Non-destructive audio editing.
- MIDI pianoroll, notation, drum and controller editors.
- Unlimited levels of undo.
| ||Touchscreen support (Windows only, video): |
- Full touchscreen support, no mouse or keyboard required.
- Windows 10/8/7 multi-touch supported (most notably in the onscreen MIDI keyboard).
- Works with 10 inch Windows 10/8 tablets.
- Also works with Windows Vista/XP (single touch).
| ||Easy to use, no frustrations: |
- Well thought out design.
- Wizard to perform basic tasks.
- Context sensitive help system: point the mouse and press F1 (Windows) / Shift-Command-? (Mac).
- Fast and reliable.